Saturday, May 23, 2009

Training Log

First workout since I had my little operation. I didn't think I'd lose so much conditioning in a week. I did two or three intervals of DARC swings (like regular one-arm swings, but you switch hands at the top of each swing) and it fried me.

This was also the first time I've trained outside with my kettlebell. I don't think I can go back. I'll have to figure out some frostbite-safe way to train outside in winter with iron. You can go to a much higher intensity because property damage isn't a worry. I must have dropped the thing a dozen times. That would definitely ruin the hardwood inside.

The only thing left to decide is what to do tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll go up to the heavier bell (24 kg) and keep with swings and get-ups. A week of inactivity did more harm than I thought, and I need to get back to basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment