Saturday, May 16, 2009

Can't follow my own advice

I had some very minor surgery yesterday. One of the things the doctor said was to avoid any kind of lifting for a week, and only light weights for the week after that.

Naturally, I assumed this sensible advise applied to everyone but me. I made a post on one of the forums I visit asking for mild exercise I could do while "benched". I only got one answer:

Do some visual drills. Go to the movies. You have the rest of your life to train......unless you blow your guts out doing drills involving abdominal pressure before you are ready to.


He's right of course. I don't like that he's right, but he is. And I'm sure I've given exactly the same advice on that same forum before. I'm sure I'm not the only person who fails to follow their own advice.

6 days left until I can start light training, and the most strenuous thing I've done is carry a plate of burgers to the BBQ. This will be an act of will, but I'll manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment