Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Finally watched 'Rocky'

I have a confession. I'm 25, male, and I've never seen <i>Rocky</i>.

I will be writing my commentary on the movie as I watch it. Exciting, earth-shattering stuff.

About 10 minutes in, Rocky seems to relate to animals better than people. I'm not sure if this has to do with how open he is, or how many times he's been hit in the head.

He's a debt collector. I can see that. Punching people without gloves ties in well with punching people with gloves.

I like the mob boss's (?) coat. Fits him well, good colour, good cut.

I thought fedoras went out of fashion with Kennedy? Why is Rocky sporting one?

I like this "take a shot" line. Surprisingly proactive thinking. I hope this message continues.

Rocky is really bad at charming ladies. There's times when you shouldn't talk dude, even I know that.

And an hour has passed.
I really do like Rocky's philosophy of taking the chance, even if it means failure. Better to take the risk and fail than to wonder whether you could have done it.
I write all this before the fight starts, and I won't edit afterwards. I think I know how this will end. Not just because I'm not a complete cultural retard.

Rocky only weights 10 lbs more than me. That's something. For some reason I thought the heavyweight threshold was higher.

Fight about to start. Is Creed supposed to be a parody of pro-wrestling?

Geez, I've had fights like this in videogames. Except Rocky never hit back.

At round 14 I get the feeling Apollo's will is about to break. This is the Homer Simpson strategy. I don't see it working.

I'm sure jokes about Rocky's brain damage are trite by now, but this inspired generations of fighters. Is brain damage a noteworthy goal?

I like how the cutman had the knife ready when Rocky asked him to cut him.
"Cut me!"
"No!"
"Do it!"
"Ok." *has knife*

Posted via email from Iain's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment